Chaucer College was established in 1992 by the Shumei Foundation, a Japanese educational charitable organisation. We have over 25 years’ teaching experience in delivering English language courses at our British Council accredited study centre in Canterbury, in Kent.
Our mission is to promote international co-operation and friendship through the study of the English language.
QUALITY, CARING & PROFESSIONAL
Our professional and friendly teaching staff are committed and passionate with internationally recognised qualifications in teaching English as a foreign language, ensuring the highest standards of tuition are delivered in a relaxed and enjoyable setting.
Chaucer College has a reputation for being a welcoming and caring language school. The well-being and success of our students is at the centre of everything we do. We aim to make all of our students learning journey as easy as possible from start to finish and are here to help with:
- Choosing the right course for you
- Visa application
- Guidance on travelling to and staying in England
- Airport transfers
- Feedback, future help and advice on your language learning
We make a point of ensurig that every lesson and activity engages our learners to the full and set out to make sure that every course we deliver will leave our students with unforgettable memories.
We look forward to welcoming you to Kent, the ‘Garden of England’ soon!
STUDENT WELFARE & SUPPORT
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
our students and take our responsibilities very seriously.
- All Chaucer College staff have oversight of the safeguarding of our students
- On duty porter, 24 hours a day, every day of the year. We also have 24 hour monitored CCTV surveillance
- All staff and host families are enhanced police checked to ensure students’ safety and wellbeing at all times
- House parents are on hand overnight to assist any students and group leaders staying in residential accommodation
- Students are accompanied by College staff and group leaders on all excursions and during activities by a ratio of 1 to 15 students
- Emergency phone numbers are provided to all students, group leaders and parents prior to arrival and are available 24 hours a day
For information on travelling to and staying in England, please read the following documents: