STUDYING WITH US
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW TO GET YOU SETTLED AT CHAUCER COLLEGE
Chaucer College has a reputation for being a welcoming and caring English language school. We aim to make all of our students’ learning journey as relaxed and enjoyable as possible – throughout the booking process and during your time with us in the UK.
we are here to help with:
- Choosing the right English language course for you
- Visa applications
- Guidance on travelling to & staying in England
- Airport transfers
- Ongoing support for students with help & advice on future language learning
- Discovering the local area, London and the UK
WELCOME TO CANTERBURY!
The world renowned City of Canterbury has welcomed people for centuries, from the pilgrims coming to Canterbury Cathedral more than 800 years ago, to the international students of today.
Canterbury has developed into a lively, vibrant city with friendly people and great amenities, including excellent shops, a wide variety of cafés and restaurants and a modern theatre, hosting regular West End London productions and world famous comedians.
With its beautiful parks, magnificent World Heritage Cathedral, a bustling high street and its quaint back streets, studying English in Canterbury is guaranteed to be a unique and unforgettable experience.
With direct access to London within 1 hour by road or high-speed rail, we are perfectly positioned to explore the best of what the South East of England has to offer.
not to be missed...
- Visit the famous Cathedral
- Learn more about Canterbury’s history at Canterbury Tales
- Take the Canterbury Ghost Tour!
- Go river punting, immersing yourself in history
- Walk or cycle the Crab & Winkle Way
- Relax within the City walls at any of the numerous parks & gardens
- Enjoy a show at the Marlowe Theatre
- Go shopping in the famous old high street & modern shopping centre
- Spend your leisure time at any of the various cafes, restaurants and bars
- Listen to regular live music and bands at any of the pubs or music venues on offer
- Watch a game of cricket or attend an event at the Spitfire Ground
- Visit nearby seaside town Whitstable, with its beautiful harbour
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How far are you from the city centre?
We are roughly a 25 minute walk from the city centre and Canterbury West train station. There is a bus stop directly outside our campus, providing a regular bus service to the city centre.
How are you far from London?
We are less than 60 minutes from central London by high-speed rail. The nearest airport is London Gatwick, roughly 1 hour and 30 minutes’ drive away. Canterbury is the perfect location to study English in the UK.
Do you provide Wi-Fi?
We provide free Wi-Fi throughout our campus and residential accommodation. Host families also provide free Wi-Fi to students.
What meals do you provide?
We provide full board accommodation. Residential students will have breakfast, lunch and dinner on campus. Homestay students will have lunch on campus and their breakfast and evening meal with their host family.
What is the maximum classrooms size?
Our maximum classroom size is 14 students
How many classrooms do you have?
We have a teaching capacity of up to 280 students, with 22 classrooms on campus all dedicated to English language courses.
Do you provide a hot lunch?
We provide a hot lunch to all students consisting of soup, hot main, salad bar and fruit or yoghurt. On trip days, students will be provided with a packed lunch.
Do you provide materials & a certificate?
Our courses include all materials required for students. We also provide an end of course certificate, giving detailed feedback from your tutor.